Thursday, March 28, 2013

San Pedro

I hold San Pedro very near and dear to my heart. I've been coming up here ever since I was a little girl to get away from the L.A madness and enjoy the ocean views. It's like tradition for my family and I to visit Pedro as a mini weekend getaway. We usually get up bright and early and make our way to the fish market to purchase fresh seafood for the following Sunday's fish fry. Next, we head over to our favorite breakfast spot where we order a feast of pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs and toast but my favorite is their grilled cheese. Oh man, would I give to have that buttery, flaky and godly concoction. After breakfast the oceanside calls for our attention. Cabrillo beach is where we hang out and a visit to the Cabrillo aquarium is always a must. Not to sound like a crazy food fanatic but the main reason I love coming to San Pedro is for lunchtime. My family and I go to this place called Busy Bees, which in my opinion makes the best BBQ sandwiches in the world. I hadn't been on this side of town for almost a year so when I took a bite of the sandwich I nearly cried. The parents were concerned as to why I was so silent in the backseat for 20 minutes. The sandwich was to good for words so I savored it with silence...God, even thinking about it now is making my mouth water. Woah, I need to calm it down I just realized that I could gladly go on for pages describing the tastiness of that heaven like thing! Afterwards, we head over to the Palos Verdes side to drive along the coast and admire the beautiful scenery. Overall, I would sum it by saying a visit to San Pedro is a must but I'd be lying if I didn't mention that the food is the main reason why. 

* Sandwich is not pictured because the time spent to get out the camera meant time away from the cheesy, BBQ goodness. 'A'int nobody got time for that!'

Fresh Red Snapper
Cabrillo Beach
Korean Friendship Bell
Palos Verdes Peninsula

No comments:

Post a Comment