Friday, April 12, 2013

What's Cooking? (Italian Penne Saugsage)

I was really surprised that this turned out so well. Like so many times before I looked in the fridge and decided on some ingredients that I thought 'seemed' nice together, and thank goodness they did! I know with every fiber of my being that this concoction would have tasted better with tomatoes, but I ran out. So add them in if you feel there is a little something missing. 

Ingredients: 
Butter
White Wine
Italian Sausage
Minced Garlic
Sliced Onion
Spinach
Penne Pasta
Pepper
Salt
Oregano
Italian Seasoning

Directions: Boil a pot of salted water and add your penne pasta or any pasta you prefer. Start out by heating a pan and putting about a a tablespoon of butter into it. Once that has melted and evenly coated the pan, add in your sliced onion. Let that cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat then throw in the sliced sausage. You really want the sausage to brown because once you put the wine in it will lose a bit of its bite and get slightly mushy. Afterwards add in another tablespoon of butter then your minced garlic. Then add in a few gulps of the white wine. Let that concoction simmer for a few minutes so the flavors infuse and a good amount of the alcohol flavor evaporates. Add in the spinach, spices, cooked penne and mix thoroughly. Let it cook for 3 minutes then voila! 

*If you notice I am very vague with the measurements it's because I eyed everything. It's hard to keep track of how many tablespoons of wine I put in (that sounds bad ha ha) and any other ingredients. However, with upcoming cooking creations I'll try to record the exact measurements. 


No comments:

Post a Comment