Friday, July 19, 2013

Nice is nice like they say


Bonjour tout le monde! I am sitting here with a glass of fruite Griotte in Nice, France contemplating the past few days and hours of complete insanity. Flying alone for the first time was a nerve wracking and exciting experience. As soon as we landed I was greeted with stunning views of the ocean and clear looking sands. Soon after I was thrown into the French speaking world and found myself loving every moment of it. I was given a tour of my apartment, met my roommate and soon after we headed out to Promenade des Anglais to swim and sunbath on the pebbly beach. Everything was going splendid until nightfall. I will skip most of the details because just mentioning the situation literally makes my skin crawl and gives me goosebumps all the time. To sum it up shortly my roommate and I lived in a horrible apartment for three days. While our welcoming to Nice started out with relaxing days at the beach, informative classes and amazing shopping it also included sleepless nights, constant fatigue and extreme paranoia. I am glad to say that we arranged to live in a new place yesterday. This apartment is absolutely parfaite and somehow I guess it was worth all the trouble. I would love to go into further detail about my experiences such as falling in the street, the constant moonlight strolls, and meeting  new friends but I have to be up early in the morning for an excursion to Antibes tomorrow.  

À toute à l'heure!


No comments:

Post a Comment